Tuesday, December 20, 2011

First day

Today I set up this blog. Having spent about an hour dreaming up the title and another one playing with the colour scheme, it's now too late to write much. Ahem.

Anyway, today I took P (the dog) for a walk on the North Downs from Lawrence Lane, for about an hour. This was my first walk after the day on Ben Nevis on Friday. My feet feel OK now but I think I will try the duct-tape thing on my veruca (oh the glamour).

PS I also arranged to buy a walking axe from C, and found "Beyond the Mountain" by Steve House which I fancy reading some time. I like his referring to climbing as a process rather than an end result. I was reading about goal-setting yesterday: ask yourself, if you could have the goal right now, would you want it? I realised that if I could climb grade 6 now, - well, what would be the point? The point is the effort and satisfaction of getting there. So I need to re-think that goal. Also it occurred to me that one element I was aiming for was to have a group of friends I felt comfortable climbing with indoors, and in K I have the start of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment