Thursday, March 8, 2012

Better

Climbed at Redhill with K. This was the first time for a while that I was definitely better. Still not as good as I was about 6 weeks ago though which bugs me but I guess I'll get (back) there. It was hardly a glorious high. Anyway. Today went really well for a while, until I came off a route where there was a big swing. Those scare me, for no good reason - and this time I kicked a woman as I swung out. She was belaying opposite. Clearly I shouldn't have been on the route in the circumstances. I apologised profusely and checked she was ok but she wasn't pleased. I felt awful. The next swingy route I tried, I came straight down again when I felt insecure on it.

Had a go at some exercises when I got back but way too tired for them. Will try again maybe tomorrow afternoon.

Keeping the gardening down on climbing days definitely helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment