Friday, March 2, 2012

Wall

Quick note about yesterday at the wall, Redhill with K. Started badly - found stuff I could do last week just wasn't happening. I'd just eaten a huge meal and I was tired from several hours in the garden. Disappointing though. Then it got much better: I got up a route first go that I'd never tried before, over hanging and a bit odd, but nice holds - all very positive but it needed more arm strength than I used to have. The last move I couldn't reach with the hand on that side, then suddenly it occurred to me to try the other hand - and I got it. K did very well again.

Spoke to Harvey who recommends Bowles for outdoors - says it's only £1.80, a parking charge. He also considers it good that there's a loo and they mow the grass. It's not Wimbledon centre court... still, I'll give it a go.

A lot to do now in 2 weeks. Did loads in the garden again today; must remember to do less before climbing; I'm hoping though that the extra work will help for fitness. Dunno.

Climbing this weekend got cancelled. It's a pain but I hope we climb in 2 weeks' time instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment