Friday, January 13, 2012

Cracking visit to the wall

Went to the wall with Ben this evening and had a storming time - I was really chuffed. They'd put up very few new routes: I got up a new 5 first time (tbh I suspect it's a bit over-graded; Ben found it tricky but that was because he was cramped under an overhang). Then - this is the bit I'm really excited about - I got more than halfway up a 6A. Go me. Clearly since this is Redhill, more than half way means about 10 inches off the ground but never mind... the main thing is I suspect in about another couple of weeks, I might well do all of it.

Also got up the 4+ I managed the first time on Wednesday but did it much better this time - no messing about and it felt good.

And also got 2/3 up a purple I'd worked on with Chris. I did however fall off that, swing way out, and end up knocking the side end wall - just gently. I'm v chuffed about this bit because I was doing miles better - was able to do things I just couldn't make work before and also B said I looked as though the right moves came naturally. That's a first.

I realise this entry is going to sound horribly conceited when I read it back. Oh well.
I also did weights and yoga this morning - both went well.

No comments:

Post a Comment