Sunday, January 15, 2012

Success!

Got to the top of the 4 on the auto-belay. Then I went up the 5 and got - hard to say, maybe half way. I think I'd have got to the top with a human belayer. I'm really chuffed with this because I found the fear quite something. The thing that really helped was making myself rest at certain points but not letting myself come down.

While I was resting I saw 2 young girls climbing. Aged... dunno, 14-18 maybe - very slim, not curvy, gangly limbs but adult height. One of them had a High Sports top on. She went up the 5 I'd been on as a warm-up. The main difference was how much she twisted around - like an eel. C had tried to teach me this and I think I got a bit better, but watching it was very helpful.

I'm wondering about getting a month's membership for the wall. But it wouldn't cover rock-club. Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment