Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Nice stuff

Today I took P out for a nice walk (though it was cold). Came home, hot bath, then did some yoga. I noticed I was really stiff and not doing well on the more dynamic stuff though balances were ok; then did a bit of weights. Felt increasingly rough; an hour or so later clearly had a bug coming on. Meh. I think I can feel the beginnings of the weights working but that might be wishful thinking.

Heard again from the lady on UKC, which is nice, and was v chuffed that C suggested climbing Troutdale Pinacle, as we'd originally planned to a while ago. As it happens I think I'll enjoy that (from a climbing point of view at least and frankly that's what it is!) even more by now than I would have then.

I'm re-reading the 9 out of 10 climbers book and getting loads out of it. I particularly like the distinction between climbing and practice, and the idea of slow practice with thought compared to routes where thinking needs to be kept to a minimum. I had a vague feeling of this but it's much clearer in my mind now.

No comments:

Post a Comment