Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Yesterday

A few notes about yesterday.

I ran 5k for the first time since August. It went well, didn't feel too tired, although I had lots of breaks because of having to sort out Pippa. Yoga, and I spent a while working on chaturange (bit like a push up). It eludes me still be I'm getting closer. Weights - used the 5kg ones for the first time again since August, for one exercise.

Ordered a copy of 9 Out of 10 Climbers. I've had it on my wishlist for a while but I think I'm in a state where I could benefit from it now.

Saw a BMC touring masterclass advertised on UKC which I'd like to go to. Aimed at people who climb 5-6b, but it's in 2 months time so I hope I'll be securely in at least the bottom end of that by then. It's taught by a woman too which helps. The London date is full up already; I'm hoping to go to the Birmingham one but it will take me a couple of days now to sort out money for it; I hope there are places left.

Contacted a woman on UKC who was looking for a partner; she's in Worthing so not very close but she says she's happy to go to K2. She climbs 5+ but wants to improve; sounds ideal. This would be in addition to Ben and Kevin. All good; we'll see.

Less brilliantly, I've got a persistent twinge today in my right - well, buttock frankly, running from top of the thigh to my lower back. I'm pretty sure this is from foul reverse leg lifts - I find them virtually impossible; yesterday I pushed hard at them and I suspect buggered my lower back a bit. I'll drop them for a while and take it easy today (still climbing tonight though!)

No comments:

Post a Comment