Friday, January 27, 2012

Left foot, right foot

Yesterday P and I ran a bit further than we have run before. Just a bit - about 800 yards probably. It makes me pleased because this is about the third of fourth time I've done a stint of occasional running, and each time, the furthest point I got to was the same - 5k. This time I'm aiming for a half marathon, but it's just a subsidiary thing, and no hurry. I know P won't run that far, but I think she'll be running with me for a good while yet.

Today I'll be tackling a new set of arm and shoulder exercises. I'll cut back the yoga to just 10 minutes or so. Learning new exercises is a right hassle, I always forget what a pain it is. Too much of a technophobe to use a DVD so I balance the book open in front of me. Makes the cat smirk.

Have a plan for next visit to Crawley: 3 times up the 4, to work on stamina. Then next time I'll have a look at the 5 again.

Bloke re the Peak district has gone quiet since I told him my standard. Never mind.

I booked a ticket for the talk in London. The Royal Geographical Society - v posh-sounding.

PS I haven't found any blogs written by people who climb at my level (funny that - the rest have more sense/modesty) so I follow the blogs of people who are out-of-sight better. Probably better to read that anyway, except that loads of it is pretty remote from my experience. Anyway, liked this from Stevie Haston's latest:
"dead is where you don’t get to practise a good screw!"
http://steviehaston.blogspot.com/2012/01/grivel-360-ice-screw-by-stevie-haston.html

No comments:

Post a Comment