Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Wall etc

I sorted out the money and booked my place on the class in Birmingham - and a bed for the night with friends, and a curry to say thank you.

Bought a book on Pilates. I'm not happy with the weights book I'm using - screwing up my back isn't good.

Paid for a 30 day pass at the wall - will cover Redhill and Crawley.

Emailed the lady from UKC and said I'd happily go to Weymouth some of the time; haven't heard back so maybe she's sorted.

Then: climbed with Kevin. Seem to be squarely placed on getting up or working on 5s now, and one 4 that we both agree is low-graded. There's a new blue I want to get up; need to keep moving smoothly and be bold but balancey on it. Also there's a green opposite I fancy - big reaches and slightly overhanging. That also needs boldness I think and maybe some more thoughtful footwork - features I bet... Didn't try the magenta one this time. Managed to get the crossing-over bit on the lilacs (interesting how hard it is to do a route a better way once I've learned a way that just works).

Best moment: getting up the purple 5 on the slopey slab that used to feel just impossible. That was lots of rock-overs. V chuffed with that (thought it is several months since it seemed impossible).

I seem to be getting better each week just now and I know I'm likely to plateau in a bit. Tempting to think I'll worry about that when it happens, but before then I'd like to get some good habits in place.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emily! Thank you for your comment on my Dogs post, it brought me back to your corner of the world. I think what you are doing now is healthier and better than blogging 24X7. Gardens are sleeping, anyway. It's time to take care of ourselves! Good for you! When spring comes, I'll look for your garden posts!

    ReplyDelete