Sunday, January 22, 2012

Good news and bad

Went to Crawley.
Well the bad news is that I didn't get to to the top of the 4 on the auto-belay. I decided to focus on the 5 instead and managed to tire myself out (some) on it. In retrospect I should have pushed myself up the 4 at least once too even though I knew it wasn't the most technically taxing thing I could be doing.

Good news: I had a go at bouldering, looked a right tit but really enjoyed it. Learned loads, not least that falling off isn't actually that common: you climb down a bit to where you can then just jump from. Really glad I made [another] start at this. I know I've started before but I'm more determined to persist now.

At the end of my session I noticed a guy using the auto-belay, and persuaded myself to go over and offer to belay for him. I'd already got my trainers on and ended up using that as an excuse not to climb myself but hey, still progress. He says he's not likely to go back to that wall - not local and finds it expensive - but did offer to meet up and climb on Sandstone some time, which he does most weekends; have exchanged phone numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment